We met with VMware on July 14, 2020, to discuss the ever-changing virtualization landscape, how VMware is focusing on proactivity rather than reactivity, and how new developments in virtualization can enhance and increase performance, security, and the workplace!
Did you know in 2019, 52% of breaches featured hacking, 28% involved malware, and 32%-33% included phishing or social engineering, respectively? On February 20, 2020, Douglas Holbert, President at Integrated IT Group led us through a discussion that began with passwords but ended with educating your users. We touched on creating strong passwords, proper ID…
There are many ways to secure your environment and the data that exists on your servers by simply utilizing features already in Windows. From setting up password complexity and expiration policies to securing sensitive data in shared areas of a file server, there are many areas where you can improve security with just a little…
Today’s network technology goes well beyond a simple box of ports that broadcast data in all directions. Security, analytics, control, and management are now critical components of modern networks. On August 8, 2019, we hosted a joint webinar with Ruckus Networks on solutions that protect and scale to find out how you can improve your…
Data breach is a serious concern regardless of industry, and a “simple” firewall isn’t effective enough to protect confidential information for your team and clients. The latest generation of edge protection devices employ built-in artificial intelligence to detect both known and unknown malware without relying on signatures. They can also perform root cause analysis so…
No matter the size of your IT department, all organizations are presented with many of the same challenges in terms of IT security and infrastructure needs. Learn about some of the often-overlooked practices in this webinar.
- Remote Learning One Year into the PandemicIt’s been a full year since the world as we know it has shifted due to COVID-19. A year of working from home, social distancing, and a year of remote education for our children. Teachers, students, and their parents have had to adapt to many changes over the past year. […]
- The Importance of Online Account SafetyIn October, the Australian PDF company Nitro PDF saw a massive data breach that may have impacted several companies such as Amazon, Google, and Microsoft. The breach is reported to have compromised personal information from over 70 million user records and that those records are being auctioned online for as […]
- Recap of our Virtual Meetup with InfrascaleYesterday, we hosted our second virtual meetup of the month, this time with Infrascale to discuss why businesses need disaster recovery solutions, what those solutions look like and how they can apply to your current systems, and finally the benefits of Infrascale’s solutions.. We were joined by industry experts Chris […]
- Recap of our Virtual Meetup with VMwareEarlier this week, we hosted a virtual meetup with VMware to discuss the ever-changing virtualization landscape, how VMware is focusing on proactivity rather than reactivity, and how new developments in virtualization can enhance and increase performance, security, and the workplace! In case you missed it, you can view the entire […]
- Recap of our Panel Discussion on EducationLast week, on June 18, we hosted our first ever panel discussion! We were joined by a local principal, a teacher, and a high school student to discuss the ongoing challenges facing education as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The nearly two-hour discussion was filled with a variety of […]
- Congratulations to our Tagline Contest Winner!In April, we asked you and our friends to submit entries to name our blog. We loved seeing the creativity and absurdity that came from many of the submissions, and we are grateful for all of them. We hope you had as much fun submitting them as we did reviewing […]
- The Rise of Remote LearningThe quick onset of COVID-19 in March forced many industries to scramble in order to find a way to maintain their productivity. For some industries, such as IT, financial services, or insurance, there may have been less of a challenge than there was for education or manufacturing. In recent years, […]
- Video Conferencing 101Video Conferencing has long been a staple of the business world. With ties to the early-mid 1900s in the United Kingdom, it’s practice has long been a science. However, it really came into its own light in the late 1980s and early 1990s. With the rapid spread of COVID-19 beginning […]
- Overcoming the Challenges of Working From HomeIn early February, Bloomberg released an article titled: Coronavirus Forces World’s Largest Work-From-Home Experiment. At first, it seemed like more of a click-bait title than anything else, and it wasn’t until March 11 – more one month later – when Rudy Gobert of the Utah Jazz tested positive for COVID-19 […]
- Welcome to the Integrated IT Group Blog!Welcome to our blog! The Integrated IT Group blog is designed to be a hub of technology information, opinion, and expertise. You can expect to see reflections on significant events, our opinions on new trends or topics, and summaries of our experience in the IT world. As you may have […]
- Update on Our Events in 2020At the beginning of this year, we conveyed to you our plans for hosting events in 2020. Last year, we connected with our friends, supporters, and fellow IT professionals at meetups, webinars, and lunch-and-learns to network and to bring value to those who want to further understand the current landscape […]
- Help Create the Tagline for our Blog!We need your help!
- 911 Dialing Law Changed on February 16th, 2020Over the last couple of months, I have spoken with clients and colleagues ranging from legal firms, manufacturing plants, business offices, and education sectors about Kari’s Law. Most have heard something about it, however, only 1 had fully understood the law and implemented requirements in their telecommunications platform. Kari’s Law […]
- Identity is the New Edge to HardenAnother crypto attack brought a large institution to its knees in January. With it, it brought a reinforcement of the knowledge that every IT professional has: that the users can be the worst enemy of the network’s security. This attack followed a typical pattern of phishing to gain access and […]
- Recap of OETC 2020Last week, we attended the Ohio Educational Technology Conference (OETC) in Downtown Columbus! OETC lasted three days, February 11-13, and was packed with teachers, principals, librarians, system admins, network administrators, superintendents, and everyone in between! We had a lot of great conversations with attendees, other exhibitors, and a few of […]